I’m moving house this week so you won’t see much from me over the next week or so. Boo. I hate moving house. Especially since my husband and I nearly ended up divorced last time we moved. Apparently my patience wears very very very thin after hauling around 50 million boxes.
Anyway, for this weeks Wednesday post I’m going to share a couple of different random things. The first thing is the new Outlander trailer. Sooooo looking forward to this tv series. It’s going to be EPIC. I just know it. Bring on August 9th!
The other amazing thing I have to share is this delicious recipe I tried last night. It seems to be lemon season here at the moment. Everyone and their neighbor has lemon trees laden with lemons. So last night, under a cloak of darkness, I crept over the fence and pinched some lemons from my neighbor. Then I made up the following recipe and while it’s quite intensely lemony, it’s completely delicious. Enjoy!
Lemony Lemon Brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the tart lemon glaze:
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 8 tsps lemon zest
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
- Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
- Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
- Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
- Cut into bars and serve.
This recipe was found at http://www.bestyummyrecipes.com/lemony-lemon-brownies/ so follow the link to check out the original recipe!
photo credit: dataceptionist via photopin ccphoto credit: Nina Matthews Photography via photopin cc