Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
“I’m yours.” Her words obliterated my world. The trust in her eyes, the way she looked at me like I was worth a damn–I’d hit the jackpot.”
The Rule Marker is the second book in the The Rule Breakers Series, but can be read as a stand-alone novel. The Rule Maker follows the story of Zoey and Ryder. Their story is fun, captivating and is just what a second chance romance should be.
I was pulled into Ryder and Zoe’s story from the very first page. I thought the two of them had amazing chemistry and loved listening to the two of them banter. The more time that I spent with the two of them, the more I couldn’t help but root for the two of them to find their happily ever after.
The Rule Maker is a great addition to this series. It’s fun. It’s sexy. It’s entertaining. This story will make you laugh. It will frustrate you. It may even have you pulling your hair a little. But, in the end, this story is going to grab you heart and have you swooning and just enjoying all of the feels.
Overall, I found this story to be really enjoyable and look forward to reading more from this author in the future.
*I was provided an ARC copy of this book, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*