I’ve read so many amazing books this year, and trying to narrow down my favorites to just 10 has been an extremely difficult task! That being said, here’s what I came up with:
- Life After Falling by Alyssa Rose Ivy
As a fan of Alyssa Rose Ivy’s, this book totally blew my mind. The writing was smart, the characters fresh and entertaining, and was a total feel good romance!
- Until I Met You by S.L. Scott
This is probably one of the most unique books that I’ve read all year. Not only was it different than anything I’ve read by S.L. Scott, but it also took me on one unexpected journey!
- Long Way Down by Krista & Becca Ritchie
It’s the end of an era and as sad as I was to say goodbye to this series, this book gave me the absolute best ending I could imagine!
- Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley
It’s KA!! Alpha’s, Angst, and Good Romance. Do I need to say more??
- The Air He Breathes by Brittiany C. Cherry
So, so many feels with this one!
- Bright Side & Gus by Kim Holden
My top “Ugly Cry” book(s) of the year!
- A Lover’s Lament by K.L. Grayson & B.T. Urrela
This was an amazing collaboration that not only left me speechless, but stole my breath with it’s beautiful writing. I can’t wait for more from these two.
- After The Storm by Faith Andrews
This was an emotional and swoon-worthy read. A great second chance romance!
- Give Me Yesterday by K. Webster & Elle Christensen
Speaking of second chance romances, this was the collaboration that I was waiting for. These two ladies make magic when they write together. This was another “Ugly Cry” for me.
- Fisher’s Light by Tara Sivec
This book rendered me totally speechless. I can’t even put my feelings into words for this one!
- The Consolation Duet by Corinne Michaels – Aaaaaall the angsty feels! My heart!
- The Mason List by S D Hendrickson – An absolutely epic coming-of-age romance.
- Love Hacked by Penny Reid – This was new to me this year but I’m going to say it is one of my favourite books EVER and not just of the year.
- Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras – I don’t even have all the words to describe how much I love this book. It is perfection.
- Corrupt by Penelope Douglas – This was a little out of my comfort zone. I don’t usually like books that are quite so mean and dirty but for whatever reason, I was utterly spellbound from start to finish.
- Magic Shifts and Magic Stars by Ilona Andrews – Kate Daniels world. Enough said.
- Art and Soul by Brittainy C Cherry – Brittainy C Cherry can write no wrong. I would read her shopping list. Heavy subject matter but so well written.
- Interim by S Walden – Very controversial subject matter but a beautifully told story.
- The Chosen Thief (Forever Evermore Book 4) by Scarlett Dawn – I love this series! Magical prodigy’s! This series has the potential to either become one of my favourites or ruin me for life. I’m scared.
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons – Charm and I read this together for the first time this year. Such an incredible EPIC story.
- Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels #8) by Ilona Andrews
I was introduced to this series by Kristal and I literally cannot get enough of Kate, Curran and their insane world!
- Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers #1) by Penny Reid
The Winston Brothers series is fast becoming one of my favourites series ever. Second book in and these brothers have me by the heart.
- Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts #1) by Claire Contreras
My absolute favourite random find read this year. This book had EVERYTHING I love to read in a story. Highly recommended!
- Paper Hearts (Hearts #2) by Claire Contreras
I obviously couldn’t stop at one book in this series… This is a beautiful read. Please read it!
- The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman #1) by Paullina Simons
Kristal and I had to buddy read this at the start of the year… As everyone who told us to read said, it really has stuck with me throughout the read. A classic book that should be read by everyone.
- Ties that Bind (The Veil Series #5) by Pippa DaCosta
The final book in this series… I was absolutely entranced from the first page to the last. Such a fitting end to an awesome all encompassing series.
- The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence #1) by Rachel Van Dyken
This book had me laughing out loud from the start! The first book I’ve read by Rachel Van Dyken and definitely not the last. So entertaining, I would absolutely re-read!
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn
Another book recommended to me by Kristal. This book had me cracking up the WHOLE way through. One of my absolute favourite reads of 2015. Please, please READ THIS BOOK! You won’t regret it!
- Eighth Grave after Dark (Charley Davidson #8) by Darynda Jones
This series has been going for a while but I just can’t not stay loyal. Charley never loses her wit, charm or ability to get herself into some of the most ridiculous situations I have ever come across. Love.
- Ninja at First Sight (A KitC Novella) by Penny Reid
What can I say… It’s Penny Reid and she’s ventured back to the Knitting in the City series. This novella is the perfect easy read to keep me satisfied until Happily Ever Ninja is released in January 2016…