There has been a lot of talk about chocolate on our Twitter lately. Unsurprising really, since chocolate goes hand in hand with tea and reading. Well I think it does anyway! So today I thought I would share this amazing recipe with you. It is so freakin good. And it’s dark chocolate and nuts! So it’s healthy too. Ahem…
Best Ever Chocolate Fudge Brownies
250g of good quality dark cooking chocolate, chopped
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup of plain flour
125g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Melt butter and chocolate together over a double boiler or in the microwave on medium (50% power) for 2 minutes. Stir to help the mixture melt and make it smooth.
2. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve any lumps. Add the eggs, vanilla and flour, and mix well. Fold in the nuts.
3. Pour into a greased and lined 28 x 18 cm slab pan. Bake for 30 mins (slightly less for fan bake) at 180 degrees.
4. Cool completely in the pan.
5. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
A couple of things – if you’re allergic to nuts, or someone in your family is allergic to nuts, this is still completely delicious without any nuts. Just leave them out. Also the icing sugar dusting at the end is optional – I never do it because I think it tastes better without it.
And Ta-da! There you have it. Get cooking (and scoffing) and tell me how much you love it. I won’t judge – I have been known to eat a whole batch in a day…